New Student Center
Setting up a New Student Center Account and Managing Your Application
When you are ready to apply to the University of Arkansas, your first step is to set up a New Student Center account. The New Student Center is a central location where you can get important news about your application, register for orientation, and view any missing requirements we might need to finish reviewing your application.
To set up your New Student Center account:
- Go to our Application Center.
- Select "Create an account" (under the "First-time users" heading).
- Enter the requested information. For the email address, be sure to use a personal email address that you will have access to at all times, even after you've left your current school.
- Check the email account you entered for a message from the Office of Admissions with the subject line "University of Arkansas Online Registration," and follow the steps listed there. Take note of the PIN included in this message – it is your temporary password to activate your account. See a screenshot of a sample message.
- Follow the "Activate Account" link in this message to activate your account and establish a password.
Once you have established a New Student Center account, you are ready to complete an application for admission. Be sure to keep a close eye on your email and regularly log in to your New Student Center account to check for updates regarding your application.
Using your New Student Center, you can:
- Check the status of your application
- View updates about your admission decision
- Register for New Student Orientation
- Keep track of important next steps
- Find links to University Housing and more.
If You Need Help:
If you have any trouble setting up your New Student Center Account, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 479-575-5346. We are happy to help!
Common Troubleshooting Tips
- If you don't receive an account set up email with the subject line "University of
Arkansas Online Registration," be sure to check your spam folder. We also recommend
adding email@example.com to your email contacts list to avoid important emails being delivered to the wrong
If the email isn't in your spam folder, navigate to admissions.uark.edu/status and use the "Forgot Password" feature to receive a new email.
- If you lose your PIN, navigate to navigate to admissions.uark.edu/status and use the "Forgot Password" feature to receive a new PIN.
For Admitted Students
Registering for New Student Orientation
Once you are admitted to the university, you should see a link to register for orientation in your New Student Center. Important information about New Student Orientation is available at orientation.uark.edu.
Registering for Housing
Freshmen under the age of 21 are required to live on campus or with a parent or guardian during their first year. While you can find links to housing information using your New Student Center account, University Housing uses a separate system to manage campus housing applications. Once you are admitted to the University of Arkansas, follow these steps to start your housing contract or to let us know you plan to stay with a parent or guardian who lives close to campus: