Dually Enrolled Students

Applicants not interested in working toward a degree while taking classes may be approved to do so upon submitting an application for admission. Admission as a special, non-degree seeking student is not intended to serve as a means of access to regular, degree-seeking status nor is it intended for a person who has earned unsatisfactory grades in previous high school or college coursework. Non-degree students are not eligible for most financial aid programs.

Dually Enrolled High School Students: Students wishing to take classes at the university while dually enrolled in high school must submit an application, application fee, ACT or SAT test scores, high school transcripts, letter of intent stating the reason for enrollment and which courses the student wishes to take, and a letter of recommendation from the high school principal or counselor. Admissions applications should be submitted at least one month in advance of the term. Dually enrolled high school seniors who plan to enroll in the fall as regular freshmen must submit a separate application for regular admission for the fall.

When to apply

Students interested in applying to the University of Arkansas for the fall semester are urged to apply early; however, regular fall applications will be accepted until August 1. Students seeking dual enrollment should apply at least one month before the semester of intended enrollment begins. Be sure to check out our dates and deadlines page.

Application Process

  Apply Online
  • Have your official high school transcripts showing class rank, cumulative grade point average, and courses taken sent to the Office of Admissions.
  • Have your ACT and/or SAT test scores sent to the University of Arkansas (ACT-0144 and SAT-6866) or mailed to the Office of Admissions.
  • Have your high school principal or counselor send a letter of recommendation in support of your enrollment.
  • Submit a personal letter of intent stating why you are seeking enrollment and in which courses you will be enrolling.
  • Submit all required documents to the Office of Admissions at least one month before the semester begins.
  • You may use our online Application Checklist to make sure you are staying on track.

Admissions Requirements

Students intending on enrolling dually must have at least a 20 ACT or 1020 SAT (redesigned exam) or 930 SAT (old exam) score and a 3.0 high school GPA. See our 2016 SAT Redesign policy for more information.

Admissions Decisions

We admit students on a rolling basis throughout the year beginning mid-September for the next fall. Please note that our estimated application processing time changes depending upon what time of year it is and how many applications we are currently receiving in the office. You will receive an email from us in the days following your application submission that will give you an estimate of your application processing time. All application processing times are based on when your file is complete (application, fee, and all transcripts and test scores).