Returning Students

The University of Arkansas regularly admits returning students. The materials required to complete your application depend on your particular situation.

Returning Transfer Students – A returning transfer student is one who has attended another institution since leaving the university. These students must complete the application for admission, submit the application fee, and supply a transcript from each institution attended since leaving the university.

Returning Students – One who has not attended another institution since leaving the university needs only to submit the application for admission and the application fee.


Your eligibility for admission depends on your academic standing at the time you left the university. All students dismissed from the university must first seek approval from the Academic Standards Committee before gaining admission. Students returning following academic suspension may apply for a term that is one major semester (Spring or Fall) after the term during which they were suspended. The first enrollment when returning from suspension may not be during an intersession.

All other students will be admitted under the same academic standing they held when they left the university. If you are unsure of your standing, please come to the Office of Admissions in Silas Hunt Hall. We cannot advise you with regard to your standing over the phone. For more information, consult the admission section of the Catalog of Studies.

Application Process

Beginning with applications for Spring 2020 admission, the University of Arkansas has an updated application process. Please create a New Student Center account prior to beginning your application.

Setting up a New Student Center Account and Managing Your Application

When you are ready to apply to the University of Arkansas, your first step is to set up a New Student Center account. The New Student Center is a central location where you can get important news about your application and view any missing requirements we might need to finish reviewing your application.

To set up your New Student Center account:

  1. Go to our Application Center.
  2. Select "Create an account" (under the "First-time users" heading).
  3. Enter the requested information. For the email address, be sure to use a personal email address that you will have access to at all times, even after leaving your current institution.
  4. Check the email account you entered for a message from the Office of Admissions with the subject line "University of Arkansas Online Registration," and follow the steps listed there. Take note of the PIN included in this message – it is your temporary password to activate your account. See a screenshot of a sample message.
  5. Follow the "Activate Account" link in this message to activate your account and establish a password.

Once you have established a New Student Center account, you are ready to complete an application for admission. Be sure to keep a close eye on your email and regularly log in to your New Student Center account to check for updates regarding your application.

Using your New Student Center, you can:

  • Check the status of your application
  • View updates about your admission decision
  • Keep track of important next steps
  • Find links to University Housing and more.

If You Need Help:

If you have any trouble setting up your New Student Center Account, let us know. Email or call 479-575-5346. We are happy to help!

Common Troubleshooting Tips

  1. If you don't receive an account set up email with the subject line "University of Arkansas Online Registration," be sure to check your spam folder. We also recommend adding to your email contacts list to avoid important emails being delivered to the wrong folder.
    If the email isn't in your spam folder, navigate to and use the "Forgot Password" feature to receive a new email.
  2. If you lose your PIN, navigate to navigate to and use the "Forgot Password" feature to receive a new PIN.

Additional Resources