The University of Arkansas is committed to the recruitment and graduation of military-affiliate students. In addition, the university is a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon Program. The program helps cover a portion of the difference between non-resident and resident tuition that is not covered by the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. Students are placed on the Yellow Ribbon Program on a first-come, first-served basis. To see if you qualify, please contact the Veteran and Military-Affiliated Student Center.

When to Apply

Students interested in applying to the University of Arkansas for the fall semester are urged to apply through the early admission process. By applying early, students take advantage of scholarship, housing, and orientation privileges; however, regular fall applications will be accepted until August 1. Be sure to check out our dates and deadlines page.

Application Process

Beginning with applications for Spring 2020 admission, the University of Arkansas has an updated application process. Please create a New Student Center account prior to beginning your application.

Setting up a New Student Center Account and Managing Your Application

When you are ready to apply to the University of Arkansas, your first step is to set up a New Student Center account. The New Student Center is a central location where you can get important news about your application, register for orientation, and view any missing requirements we might need to finish reviewing your application.

To set up your New Student Center account:

  1. Go to our Application Center.
  2. Select "Create an account" (under the "First-time users" heading).
  3. Enter the requested information. For the email address, be sure to use a personal email address that you will have access to at all times, even after graduation.
  4. Check the email account you entered for a message from the Office of Admissions with the subject line "University of Arkansas Online Registration," and follow the steps listed there. Take note of the PIN included in this message – it is your temporary password to activate your account. See a screenshot of a sample message.
  5. Follow the "Activate Account" link in this message to activate your account and establish a password.

Once you have established a New Student Center account, you are ready to complete an application for admission. Be sure to keep a close eye on your email and regularly log in to your New Student Center account to check for updates regarding your application.

Using your New Student Center, you can:

  • Check the status of your application
  • View updates about your admission decision
  • Register for New Student Orientation
  • Keep track of important next steps
  • Find links to University Housing and more.

If You Need Help:

If you have any trouble setting up your New Student Center Account, let us know. Email or call 479-575-5346. We are happy to help!

Common Troubleshooting Tips

  1. If you don't receive an account set up email with the subject line "University of Arkansas Online Registration," be sure to check your spam folder. We also recommend adding to your email contacts list to avoid important emails being delivered to the wrong folder.
    If the email isn't in your spam folder, navigate to and use the "Forgot Password" feature to receive a new email.
  2. If you lose your PIN, navigate to navigate to and use the "Forgot Password" feature to receive a new PIN.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is my admission classification?

On your application, you will be asked about your admission classification. Classification definitions are as follows:

New Freshman – a student just graduating from high school or who has not completed any college level credit since high school graduation.

Transfer Freshman – a student who has graduated high school and who has completed fewer than 24 hours of college level credit from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning

Transfer Student – a student who has completed 24 or more credit hours from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning

Returning student - a student who has previously attended the University.

What transfer credit am I eligible for?

Generally, the University may award transfer credit for work completed at regionally accredited institutions of higher learning if courses are not technical, vocational, or remedial in nature, if they apply to a baccalaureate degree, and if the student earned a grade of C or better. For an outline of more specific policies or to view transfer equivalencies, please visit Transfer Credit.

The University offers 6 hours of credit for service in the United States Armed Forces. For more information, please contact Veterans Resource and Information Center by calling (479) 575-VRIC (8742).

What happens after I submit my application?

If submitted online, your application is downloaded during the next business day and processed in the order it is received. Once you have submitted all required transcripts and credentials, we will process your application in 7-10 business days and contact you by mail regarding your decision. If we require additional credentials from you, we will contact you by mail.

What happens after I am admitted?

Once admitted by the University, you will receive a packet of information outlining your next steps. Returning students should plan to speak with their advisors regarding registration. As a new student, generally you will need to:

  • Submit immunization records to
  • Activate your university e-mail account
  • Register for orientation. Freshmen and Transfer Freshmen will be advised and register for classes during orientation, while Transfer students should contact their academic college's advising center for advising and registration.
  • Submit a contract for university housing (optional for transfer students or students 21 years of age and older ). New students will register for classes during or after completing orientation.
Who is the University's VA certifying official?

The University of Arkansas is a VA approved school. The University of Arkansas is also approved by the Florida State Approving Agency to certify for VA education benefits for residents of Florida. The VA certifying official for the campus is Juanita Muckleroy. You may contact Juanita by e-mail,, or by phone, (479) 575-8742.

How will I finance my education?

For up-to-date information on GI Bill® benefits, please visit the federal GI Bill® website. You may also find a comprehensive overview of the new GI Bill® benefits by visiting the Military's GI Bill® overview. Additionally, you may meet with the Veteran and Military-Affiliated Student Center's staff to discuss military educational benefits you may qualify for. Call 479-575-8742 for an appointment.

The University of Arkansas offers scholarships to new and continuing students as well as scholarships awarded specifically to military-affiliated individuals. Program outlines and criteria are available by visiting the scholarship site. Be sure to discuss scholarship opportunities with your major's department or college.

Students should also complete and submit the FAFSA (free application for federal student aid) to be considered for other federal financial aid programs. We recommend you complete your FAFSA no later than March 1, if you plan to begin classes in the fall or in the early fall if you plan to begin in the spring.

What if I need assistance filling out VA benefits forms?

The University's Veteran and Military-Affiliated Student Center, located in suites 115-116 of Garland Center, is eager to assist you. You may contact the Center's staff by calling (479) 575-8742. In addition, the Washington County Veterans Service Officer is located in the Washington County Courthouse at the intersection of N. College and Dickson St. You may contact the officer by calling (479) 444-1767.

What medical care is available to me?

As a student of the University of Arkansas, you may make appointments with the Pat Walker Health Center to see a physician, mental health clinician, or gynecologist. In addition, Fayetteville is home to the U.S. Government Veterans Administration Hospital at 1100 N. College Ave. To reach the OEF/OIF program manager at the local VA hospital, please call (479) 443-4301, ext. 4123.

What student organizations are available for veterans' interests?

Razorback Student Veterans is a student organization on campus committed to lending support to current and past service members of any branch of the U.S. military.