New Freshmen

Students with no college credit, with college credit earned through concurrent enrollment while in high school, or with college credit earned the summer immediately after high school graduation. 

Transfer Freshmen

High school graduates with fewer than 24 transferable college credit hours earned after completing high school. 

Transfer Students

High school graduates with more than 24 transferable college credit hours earned after completing high school. 

Information for additional groups, including dual-enrolled and military, can be found on How to Apply.

Check Your Application Status

You can check the status of your application through your New Student Center.

Important Dates

Make sure to not miss any deadlines associated with your application.


Frequently Asked Questions

Learn the answers to some of the most common questions about admission to the U of A.

Admitted Students

Learn about the next steps to take after acceptance to the University of Arkansas.

For High School Counselors

Find information that can help your students learn about applying to and attending the University of Arkansas.

Admissions Process Forms

Academic Bankruptcy

For current and former University of Arkansas students who want to forfeit all credit hours already earned.

Academic Standards Petition

For students wishing to be exempt from certain University policies including grading, examinations, academic probation and exclusion.

D Petition

For students who want a grade of "D" to be accepted for transfer credit or transfer credit from an institution without regional accreditation.

Out of Career Registration

For graduate students who want to enroll in an undergraduate course for graduate credit, or undergraduate students who want to enroll in a graduate course for undergraduate credit.

Petition to the Admissions and Appellate Board

For students wishing to appeal their admissions decision.

Residency Reclassification

For students who want to be reclassified as Arkansas residents and pay in-state tuition.

Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver

For students 60 years or older to verify their senior status and have fees waived.